Wednesday 9 May 2012

Jouvan: Evaluation 4

Planning and Research (Development and Pre Production)     


My group members tackled a different aspect from this particular evaluation, I was responsible for tackling the planning and research  aspect.




Blogger is a publishing service where our groups work was presented. This  website technology stored all of   our posted images, links, videos and our movie products. Blogger was an easy to use software which I found relatively easy to present my work on, i was familiar with Blogger as i used it to  store my AS media coursework. The below screenprint shows the Blogger dashboard and the posting page.






  


I used a blackberry curve 8520 to take pictures during the  beginning of my coursework, I took pictures of test film shots where our group member Harry was acting in, these pictures were posted on Blogger by using a blackberry usb which allowed me to transfer the images I took to Blogger http://ctkmed1.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/preliminary-filming-images.html . Other website technology we used to present our work was through social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to reach a large audience and update our progression. 

I used a variety of media technology software during my coursework, Microsoft Excel was one which I used mainly for audience research results to create graphs as a way of presenting my work. Below is an example of how I used  Microsoft Excel as a media technology software to present my work. 
  
Below is a video I recorded which shows how I used the internet to research example film posters, magazines and teaser trailers by using internet technologies such as YouTube and Google search engines. 



YouTube was very effective and useful in my groups planning and research work because it allowed us to upload test shots which could then be posted onto Blogger. Our group also found YouTube useful when researching teaser trailers because YouTube has a large variety of teaser trailers to watch from. The video below shows a video which my group uploaded to Blogger from Youtube.



Another media technology which my group used were scanners, my group used scanners during our planning and research work in order to transfer sketches to Blogger, the following link is an example of a sketch we scanned and uploaded to Blogger.  http://ctkmed1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/magazine-drafts.html .

No comments:

Post a Comment