Monday 28 November 2011

Adeola's Horror movie review


Nightmare on Elm street

The horror movie in which I reviewed featured 'Freddy Kruiger' who has featured in some of the most successful horror movies such as 'Freddy vs Jason'. Similarly to our horror trailer Nightmare On Elm Street is a slasher horror and is also the inspiration for our trailer. The poster of the movie also helps indicate this as his hand is a blade. One of the key scenes in the movie show a female victim which is common in horror. A sequence of events happen in her life as though it where a dream when really it was a gruesome reality. I enjoyed the film because it made me jump and I believe this characterisitc represents a succesful horror. I would score 'Nightmare On Elm Street' a 4 out of 5 due to the fact that it follows many of the horror conventions such as a female protaganist. I would not score the movie 5 out of 5 on the basis that it was like a typical horror and could have had a slight variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment